Table of contents:
- 1. Functional flat roof
- 2. Ventilation system with recuperator
- 3. Ground floor with communications
- 4. Warm floor or insulation
- 5. Smart systems to optimize resources
- 6. Reliable thermal insulation of walls
- 7. Energy efficient glazing
2023 Author: Malcolm Clapton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-07-28 10:38
They will help make your home comfortable and energy efficient. A must-read for everyone who is going to start construction.
1. Functional flat roof
This economical and modern roof option is rarely seen in homes. But in vain. easily fits into houses with any exterior and, in addition, allows you to save on finishing materials and roofing, reduce the load on the supporting structures and add usable space to the house. It can be turned into a recreation area: place sun loungers and sofas, a table, a grill and a jacuzzi. To walk on the roof was comfortable, the surface is covered with a lawn, tiles are laid or gravel is covered. Another use for a flat roof is a greenhouse for growing vegetables and greenery. This is especially useful in small areas where there is no room for beds at all.
may be unexploited, but still useful. Place solar panels on it to save on electricity in spring and summer, or additional windows - this will make the house brighter.
The installation of such a roof is slightly different from the usual pitched or multi-gable roofs. Here are the points worth paying attention to.
- Heat and waterproofing … Without them, the roof can freeze and leak. Moisture deforms the base of the roof and walls, mold and mildew appear.
- Load calculation … It is necessary to take into account the weight of the roof itself, the amount of possible precipitation, the amount of expected furniture or other objects, such as antennas and ventilation equipment. Don't forget to add the weight of the people walking on it.
- Slopes and counter slopes to remove water … Without them, puddles will form on the surface during precipitation, and this will lead to the destruction of the top coating, overloading of waterproofing, moisturizing of the thermal insulation and the germination of unnecessary vegetation. The slopes are made very small, about one or two degrees. Such an angle is not noticeable during operation, but it regularly performs the function of water drainage.
A flat roof can be a place for parties with friends or a solar power generator for your home. The main thing is to use the materials correctly so that the coating does not deform, and condensation does not accumulate on the ceiling. The corporation "" can take on the difficult moments - there are ready-made solutions for operated and unexploited roofs. Each roof consists of seven layers: base, anchorage, slope, waterproofing, thermal insulation and top coat. Experts from TECHNONICOL will help you select materials with the calculation of the expected load, as well as suggest the optimal arrangement of nodes and junctions.
Installation of the roof takes two days on average, and it can be carried out at any time of the year: the thermal insulation material is resistant to moisture and mechanical damage. The flat roofs of TECHNONICOL can withstand a snow load of 15 tons per square meter and a wind load of up to 2,000 kPa: this is enough even for regions with the most severe winters. With proper operation, you can use the roof without thinking about repairs for up to 20 years.
2. Ventilation system with recuperator
Ventilation in the house is responsible for air circulation: it allows clean and fresh air to pass through, and removes used air with carbon dioxide and dust. It saves from overheating the room, high humidity and the delay of unpleasant odors.
Ventilation with recuperator, in addition to these functions, helps to maintain a comfortable temperature and reduce heating costs. In such a system, there is a heat exchanger where air from the house and from the street meets: the fresh stream heats up from the outgoing one and enters the room already warm. New air can take up to ⅔ the temperature of the old one. In the process, they do not mix - you can not worry about the purity of the air. There is also a built-in filter in the recuperator that traps pollen, dust and other allergens.
There are several types of recuperators, but the most popular for private houses are plate and rotary (rotating). In the first, the plates in the heat exchanger are static and are installed parallel to each other: they work, creating tunnels for air. The second - the panels are constantly spinning. In both cases, heat transfer occurs due to heating and cooling of the walls.
3. Ground floor with communications
An additional floor on the lower level is an excellent opportunity to increase the area of the house without expanding the building. All communications can be collected in it - an electricity shield, a heating boiler, meters. And also make a laundry, so as not to take up space in the bathroom, and a closet for household appliances. If the basement is large, part of the space can be taken away for leisure and equipped with a gym, sauna, billiard room or workshop. But in order for the basement floor to be usable, you need to take into account security measures.
- Make waterproofing … The basement is located below ground level, therefore groundwater and heavy rainfall can affect its stability. A reliable protective coating will protect against cracks, mold and leaks.
- Calculate the strength of the foundation … In the basement, the surrounding soil presses on the walls. The foundation of the house must be strong enough to support it.
- Insulate walls and floor … Without this, the basement will become damp and chilly - even going in there will be unpleasant, and you can completely forget about a comfortable stay.
- Provide ventilation … This will help to avoid the accumulation of gases and moisture.
4. Warm floor or insulation
The floor is the coldest place in the room. It's simple: warm air is lighter and closer to the ceiling. In summer, this is a nice bonus: if you want coolness, you can lie down on the floor. But in autumn and winter this is a problem: you cannot walk around the house without slippers or socks, let alone sit on the floor or play with your child.
Warm floor gives plus a hundred to comfort: you can walk barefoot at any time of the year and not worry that the inhabitants of the house will get sick. There are many heating systems, globally they are divided into two types.
- Water … A network of small diameter pipes is placed under the floor covering through which the heated liquid circulates. Pipes should be made of durable heat-resistant material (copper, metal-plastic, cross-linked polyethylene) and preferably long: the more joints, the more likely a leak will occur, and its elimination will require serious repairs. The water floor can even be installed under furniture, it is quite economical and does not require additional electricity costs. But for the installation, you will have to put a cement-sand screed, which will reduce the height of the room by about 15 centimeters: if the ceilings are already low, this can become a problem.
- Electric … Surface heating occurs due to thermal radiation. It can come from resistive or self-regulating cables, convection or infrared thermomat, infrared foil. Such a heating system, with rare exceptions, cannot be placed under furniture, plus it requires a connection to an electric thermostat. This has its advantages - it is easier to control the heat supply.
Additional heating can be dispensed with if the floor is insulated. It is especially useful on the ground floor, where the surface is additionally cooled from proximity to the ground. The main criteria for choosing thermal insulation: resistance to temperature extremes, vapor permeability and environmental friendliness - the material should not emit toxic substances, such as styrene and formaldehyde.
5. Smart systems to optimize resources
Smart systems can be connected to all engineering schemes in the house and control lighting, heating, ventilation, video surveillance, alarms and much more. You can usually manage resources through the application and voice. Or set up the system automatically and let AI technology decide when to turn appliances off or on. Sensors for lighting, motion, sound and temperature are responsible for high-quality work. For example, if you went outside and forgot to turn off the light, they will notice and do it for you.
In addition to saving on utilities, a smart system makes your home safer. You will be able to check the operation of devices and the condition of the home from the office or a trip. And if there is any problem like intruders or a short circuit, you will immediately receive a notification on your phone.
"" Is actively involved in the development of energy efficient construction and offers solutions that will make houses not only comfortable, but also environmentally friendly. For this, the corporation uses its own scientific developments and advanced world technologies.
In TECHNONICOL you can buy thermal insulation, fire protection systems, wind protection systems, waterproofing and sound insulation for walls, floors and ceilings. The company offers not only the materials themselves, but also services for their installation, calculations and support during operation.
6. Reliable thermal insulation of walls
Correctly selected thermal insulation material will help reduce heating costs in winter and not suffer from the heat in summer. PIR plates are now considered one of the energy efficient and safe options. They are made from a polymer material similar to polyurethane foam. PIR is durable - it consists of closed cells, inside of which there is a pentane gas.
Such a plate does not let through and does not absorb moisture, therefore it does not rot, does not decompose and cannot be affected by a fungus. The material does not support combustion and has a very low coefficient of thermal conductivity (this helps to maintain a comfortable temperature in the house). It is also light and thin - it practically does not add any load to the supporting structure. PIR-plates allow building energy-efficient houses of A ++ class, close to passive energy consumption: they consume 30-90% less resources - this will have a positive effect on utility bills.
7. Energy efficient glazing
Well-positioned windows allow natural light to enter your home, and you are less likely to reach for the light switch. The most efficient for saving energy will be the south and east sides. South-facing windows will provide the longest possible penetration of rays during the day: on the south side you can place a living room, kitchen or gym. Rooms with east-facing windows will be sunny in the morning - this is a good option for a bedroom, nursery or study. On the north and west sides of the window, you can not place at all or put small double-glazed windows so that you can effectively ventilate the room and abandon the air conditioner.
The glazing area in the room should be at least ⅛ of the floor area, if more - fine. Do not place standard windows too low - this will limit the depth of penetration of the rays, and the light may not reach the far corners of the room.
To help the windows control the temperature in the house, you can install energy-saving double-glazed windows. In the gap between the glasses, they have an inert gas (its thermal conductivity is less than that of air), and a heat-reflecting coating is applied to the inner surface. So the window lets in less cold air from the street in winter and hot air in summer. Energy efficient windows are usually more expensive, but the difference in price is offset by lower heating or air conditioning costs.
How to find a lost earphone, what to do if you experience interference with playback, and answers to other frequently asked questions about Apple AirPods
Spectacles with built-in speakers, a folding machine and a smart feeder that recognizes the cat. 1. Headphones with built-in translator Waverly Ambassador Translator - headphones with a built-in translator supporting 20 languages and 42 dialects.
Lifehacker talks about which social and technological trends were the most influential in 2018, how they are connected with each other and what challenges they are preparing for us
Signal Private Messenger is designed to ensure privacy during telephone conversations and correspondence. It is recommended to be used by Edward Snowden himself
There is a whole list of skills and abilities that every person knows, regardless of education, status and habitat