2023 Author: Malcolm Clapton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-07-28 10:38
Your own apartment can become an unsafe space. What to do with it - the doctor says.
This question was submitted by our reader. You also ask your question to Lifehacker - if it is interesting, we will definitely answer.
How to live in a house if you are allergic to house dust?
The main allergenic Home Environmental Interventions for House Dust Mite / The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology component Impact of Home Environment Characteristics on Asthma Quality of Life and Symptom Scores / Journal of Asthma house dust - dust mites that inhabit bedding, sofas, carpets and a wide variety of fabric materials.
To overcome allergies, you need to limit contact with the allergen. Reducing the number of ticks in the home reduces both symptoms and nonspecific bronchial hyperreactivity. Here are specific steps to help you in this fight.
- Control the humidity in your home. First, you need to achieve the desired temperature (20-22 ° C), after - the required humidity (40-50%). If the initial humidity is low, this can be done with a humidifier, and if the initial humidity is high, an air conditioner or dehumidifier will help.
- Use anti-mite covers for pillows and mattresses. It is preferable that the pore size of the material is 6 microns, - then mites will not be able to penetrate from pillows and mattresses, and air ventilation will not be impaired.
- Use synthetic pillows and blankets. For example, made of artificial down or viscoelastic foam.
- Change your bedding once a week. Wash it at 60 ° C and dry if possible in a tumble dryer on a hot setting. Blankets and pillows must also be machine washed.
- Remove all "dust collectors" from the apartment - carpets, curtains (replace with blinds), soft toys. Also, if possible, you need to get rid of old upholstered furniture. And the new one should be with a minimum amount of soft filler.
- Vacuum the area weekly. Better with a vacuum cleaner that is equipped with a highly efficient particulate air filtration system (HEPA).
You can also resort to The use of domestic steam cleaning for the control of house dust mites / Clinical & Experimental Allergy to professional cleaning of the whole house with a steam generator - this method has shown Eradication of house dust mite from homes of atopic asthmatic subjects: A double-blind trial / Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology highly effective against ticks. But what, on the contrary, turned out to be Benzyl benzoate moist powder: Investigation of acarical activity in cultures and reduction of dust mite allergens in carpets / Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology ineffective Chemical treatment of carpets to reduce allergen: A detailed study of the effects of tannic acid on indoor allergens / Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology:
- Anti-mite chemicals. For example, sprays or additives for washing powder.
- Air purifiers. Allergens are quite severe The Distribution of Dust Mite Allergen in the Houses of Patients with Asthma / American Thoracic Society and do not fly in the air, but lie on the surface.
Of course, none of the above will help you get rid of ticks completely. But a significant reduction in their number is a completely solvable task.
When a layer of dust and dirt accumulates on the radiators, the heat transfer efficiency decreases. We disassemble step by step how to clean batteries
Dirty air, smog, dust - the scourge of big cities. If you are unable to travel outside the city, a few tips will help you protect your lungs and stay healthy
Dust mites do not bite or parasitize humans, but they can cause allergies and asthma. The worst thing is that there are these arthropods in almost every home
Household dust is a breeding ground for germs and allergens and can be tedious to deal with. But you can use life hacks to make cleaning take less time
Sooner or later, any laptop will have to be cleaned. It is not always necessary to carry it to the service - it is cheaper and faster to do it yourself. If you know how