Table of contents:
- 1. Do not see a doctor
- 2. To think that everything will pass by itself
- 3. Do not drink antiviral drugs
- 4. Take antibiotics
- 5. Go to work and public places
- How to treat the flu correctly
2023 Author: Malcolm Clapton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-07-28 10:38
According to the WHO, the flu kills up to 650,000 lives every year.
1. Do not see a doctor
Influenza is an insidious disease: someone carries it relatively easily, but it can kill someone. Only a doctor can determine how dangerous the infection is for you, and give recommendations that will help prevent complications.
In addition, the flu is similar not only to the common cold, but also to more unpleasant diseases. Among them, for example, the acute phase of hepatitis C Hepatitis C, mononucleosis, viral pneumonia, Meningitis meningitis and even HIV Symptoms of HIV.
Naturally, each of these serious illnesses has specific symptoms. But often only a physician can recognize them.
2. To think that everything will pass by itself
Most viral infections, including the flu, go away on their own in a week on average. Still, the flu needs special attention.
This disease causes a very complex immune response, Host Immune Response to Influenza A Virus Infection. The body spends so much energy on fighting the flu that it can miss other viral and bacterial infections that normally would not have broken through the protective barrier.
First of all, uncomplicated diseases appear. For example, herpes or, say, an exacerbation of thrush. If you notice this against the background of the flu, know: this is a danger signal. Along with the load on the immune system (he is now not only fighting the flu!), The risk of more serious complications has increased.
Namely, the flu is dangerous due to complications of Flu Symptoms & Complications. Inflammation of the tissues of the heart (myocarditis), brain (encephalitis), muscles (myositis, rhabdomyolysis), multiple organ failure (for example, respiratory and renal), sepsis, aggravation of chronic health problems - all these can really kill.
3. Do not drink antiviral drugs
Yes, homeopathy and some antivirals are perfect for the common cold. But there are drugs with What You Should Know About Flu Antiviral Drugs have proven effective against influenza.
Antiviral drugs will speed up recovery by 1–2 days and make the flu course easier. That is, the load on the immune system and the risk of complications are reduced.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention strongly recommends Flu Treatment to take antiviral drugs for those at risk:
- people over 65;
- people of any age with chronic People at High Risk of Developing Serious Flu – Related Complications diseases: asthma, diabetes, diseases of the cardiovascular system, tumors, HIV and so on;
- pregnant women;
- children under 5 years old and especially those under 2 years old.
Please note: Only a doctor can prescribe an antiviral drug. In addition, the medicine is effective only if you start taking it on the first (maximum second) day of the disease.
4. Take antibiotics
This is generally beyond the line of good and evil. Influenza is a virus, not a bacterium. Antibiotics aimed at fighting living microorganisms cannot harm him. But on the state of bacteria in the intestine, these drugs have a devastating effect. And the liver, which is already overloaded with the elimination of toxins associated with influenza, becomes worse Drug-induced liver injury due to antibiotics. …
That is, you drink antibiotics in the hope of helping the body, but in fact deprive it of strength and make it difficult to fight the infection.
The long-term prospects of uncontrolled intake of antibiotics - the emergence of superbugs that are resistant to any drugs - will probably not be discussed. There is already a lot about this.
5. Go to work and public places
There are at least three reasons not to do this. First, the flu lowers immunity. This means that you can easily pick up any other infection from others, which means that you will increase the duration and severity of the disease.
Secondly, the fight against the flu requires a lot of strength from the body. Leaving your home and actively working, you waste these forces. Therefore, the disease can again drag on.
Third, the flu is highly contagious Key Facts About Influenza (Flu). Especially in the first 3-4 days. This means that by continuing to visit public places, you are likely to infect other people. And among them, perhaps, there will be those who are at high risk of developing complications and even death.
How to treat the flu correctly
If you follow these guidelines, you will most likely be able to fully recover in 5-7 days.
- Make sure it's the flu and not the common cold. The Lifehacker checklist will help you with this.
- Check with your therapist. At least give him a call, just try to describe all the symptoms in as much detail as possible. If you decide to visit a doctor in person, be sure to wear it before going outside: it will protect others from infection.
- If your GP prescribes antiviral drugs for you, start taking them as soon as possible. This will speed up recovery, relieve symptoms, and reduce the risk of complications.
- Take sick leave to be able to lie down at home. Don't even look for excuses like "they can't cope without me": the flu will still prevent you from being productive. In addition, you are likely to infect colleagues, which means, impact the effectiveness of your entire organization.
- To avoid hurting your family, try to get sick in a separate room and wear a mask.
- Do not bring down the temperature while it is below 38.5 ° C: this is a way to fight the virus. If your fever is higher and / or you feel unwell, take an ibuprofen or paracetamol medication.
To relieve flu symptoms:
- drink more;
- ventilate the room where you are lying at least once every one and a half to two hours: this will reduce the concentration of the virus in the air;
- keep humidity at 40-60% to help you breathe easier;
- do a wet cleaning once a day or ask someone to help with this.
These knee exercises can severely damage your joints. We figure out why this can happen and how to replace them with safer ones
Usually ARVI is sick for about a week, and before this period you will not completely recover. But scientists know how to get rid of symptoms in just a couple of days
The world's largest animal protection organization, the United States Animal Welfare Society (HSUS), has published a list of dangerous plants for pets. They produce hazardous amounts of substances that are toxic to animals. The consequences can be different:
If the contender for the title of the second half gives a turn from the gate, the question arises: what was wrong? Experts list the main mistakes in relationships
We have collected ten of the most common jambs that even experienced PC builders admit. If your motherboard is dear to you, don't do this