Table of contents:
2023 Author: Malcolm Clapton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-22 06:26
A fancy podcast manager that can download YouTube channels, radio stations and e-books.
The best place to start is with the first menu item, Add Podcast.
Next, the application will prompt you to choose exactly how to do this:
- Search Podcasts - Search for podcasts and radio stations by title or keyword.
- “View the charts” is the most convenient way. You are watching a catalog of podcasts, with the channels sorted by categories "Business", "Music", "Education", "Family and Children", "Technology".
- "Add podcast by URL" - select this option if you have a link to the stream.
- "Add a podcast from YouTube" - Subscribe to a YouTube channel.
- "Add virtual podcast" - the application creates a virtual channel from the specified directory. With this function, it is convenient to listen to audiobooks downloaded to the device.
- "Import OPML" - add channels from an OPML file.
Each of these items is duplicated in the main menu. You can see everything you subscribed to in the "Subscriptions" section.
Podcasts can be listened to online or downloaded to the device manually or automatically as new episodes are published. For especially important and loved ones there is a "Favorites" filter. Want to listen to multiple episodes from different channels? Create a playlist.
There are a lot of functions and settings in the application. You can change almost everything: the speed of playback and rewinding, the storage limit, upon reaching which the application will automatically delete old episodes. If you have multiple Android devices, you can enable syncing between them.
There is even backup and restore with the function of choosing the number of backups to save. For drivers, there is a "Car Mode" in which you can control playback with gestures.
With Podcast Republic, you can do whatever comes to your mind with your podcasts and YouTube subscriptions, but there are drawbacks.
The developers are so carried away with thinking through custom scripts that it seems like redundancy. The overload from options and settings is compounded by the application interface. In our time of material design and minimalism, it looks ancient, uncomfortable and sloppy. Also, all menu items are not fully translated. But the application is completely free.