2023 Author: Malcolm Clapton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-07-28 10:38
Correct zoning of space will help not to waste centimeters of housing.
If you live in a private house, "stalinka" or apartment with high ceilings, you can use the additional space to improve the functionality or aesthetics of your home. Here are some ideas.
- Set up your bedroom or sitting area. The mezzanine floor can easily accommodate a reading area, a home theater with a projector and cushion chairs, or a mini-bedroom. The optimal ceiling height for this option is from 3.5 meters. The additional tier should not be loaded with heavy furniture, for example, instead of a full bed, it is better to put a mattress.
- Allocate storage space. For a mezzanine with doors under the ceiling, 50–70 centimeters are enough. There you can store things that you rarely use. For example, spare blankets, pillows, and winter clothing. It is also a great place for household items like jars and extra utensils.
- Make a tiered light. The high ceiling allows you to create levels and zone the room with lighting. So you can distinguish between the kitchen and the dining room, highlight the recreation area and the working area in the living room. In the higher part, you can place volumetric lamps, in the lower part - spotlights.
- Hide the air conditioner. Not every apartment has an air conditioner that fits perfectly into a secluded corner. It may turn out that the only placement option greatly spoils the appearance of the room. In this case, a false ceiling will help out - for example, in the form of volumetric panels around the perimeter of the room. The air conditioner is installed inside the roof box, and the air circulates thanks to the grill screen in front of it.
- Experiment with the texture. In rooms with low ceilings, any ornament will hide the space. But if the meters allow, you can make the ceiling textured without the risk of unnecessarily "squeezing" the room. In a Scandinavian interior, light wood trim looks beautiful. In the loft - with panels imitating brick or concrete.
Everything for arranging the second tier and other repair work is in the hardware store "". You can calculate the required amount of materials in a couple of minutes using the service "". And if after the completion of the work, there is still excess left, within 360 days to the store, and you will be refunded. "Petrovich" also thought about those who do not want to carry out repairs on their own: in just a couple of clicks on the free "", you can find an experienced contractor for any task.
It all depends on the material. In some cases, you can cope on your own, but if you have to dismantle a reinforced concrete wall, call specialists
What can you do to improve your productivity? How to work better, more, better? Today we offer you some very unusual advice from Damian Pros
“How to improve noise insulation? What can you not save on? What types of ceilings are better? " 10 questions about renovation and construction
We deal with general questions and subtleties, as well as with prices for repairs and individual construction work on the example of a new building
This article explains how to increase your iPhone's battery life. By following these 19 easy tips, your iOS device battery will last as long as possible
A year and a half ago, I was lucky enough to live in San Francisco for a couple of months. Then I was shocked by the cost of renting an apartment in any part of it. The harsh truth is that most of those who travel there on business rent a bedroom there - a room with a bed in an apartment with several bedrooms.